Monday, February 21, 2011

Things I've learned while being pregnant....

NUMBER ONE:

I hate throwing up. I'm not like many I've heard where they throw up everything they eat, but for the first 8 weeks I threw up once every couple of days. My fabulous Midwife told me about a B-6 vitamin which works most days. But let me tell you. I am officially 14 weeks today and I want to hurl this morning. WHAT is the deal. Nauscea is not fun. Throwing up is even worse. Mmmmmmmmm morning sickness I would be ever so happy if you went away.

NUMBER TWO:

I never knew I could sleep so much. Not even when I was a teenager did I sleep 10-12 hours every night. WOAH. This is intense. Yet it's such a beautiful thing. I find myself literally almost passing out around 7pm some nights... I don't know how women deal with this with their 2nd + children... I guess just suck it up and be tired? Boo to that!

NUMBER THREE:

Goodbye sweet tooth, hello SALT! For some reason the I haven't been caring much for sweets. All I ever want is salty and spicy (I don't even like spicy food, but I can never get enough hot sauce). And Red Robin fries. Holy moly this is a problem. I smell fries and I want them. Someone talks about fries and I want them. Sometimes I even dream about them. The other thing I want on a regular basis is Pizza... Now this one I just don't understand. Pizza has always been "ok"... but never a fav. I crave it. I do. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY BODY. Remember the days of low carb, high protein, high fat? Ya... Too bad that doesn't sound good to me. OH no. PIZZA instead..

NUMBER FOUR:

My dreams are OUTRAGEOUS. I mean like so beyond weird and real and scary and sad and some just ODD. I mean... what's with having a dream you're on Jersey Shore.. or having a dream you saw some guy punch your mom in the face... or... better yet 4 dreams I'm delivering to a boy and in one of the dreams he is talking like an adult... Ya that one was kind of creepy almost. ;) Maybe it just means my baby will be SUPER smart. :)

NUMBER FIVE:

Ok so I know I'm emotional. But this is NUTS! I sometimes cry over nothing. The smallest thing can set this off. Some silly break up on a silly sitcom can make me break out balling.. no SOBBING for an hour straight. Sometimes I think Bobby may think I am a total freak. He thinks someone just died and really I'm just having a breakdown "NO ONE UNDERSTANDS ME!" Yet another crying session.. literally. OVER NOTHING... for a good hour. Sometimes two. You could even look at me wrong some days and I may start crying. YIKES.


Anyway, these are just a few things I've learned thus far (without going into details NO one wants to hear about). What a ride. Amazing what a little nut can do to ya! But boy do I sure love it! :)

4 comments:

Amberly said...

Sounds way too familiar! But so worth it, right? I found that my "magic" week is 17. After week 17 the nausea disappears and the fatigue lessens considerably. It's different for everyone, so hopefully you get your "magic" week soon!

Christy Wheeler said...

hehe I remembering learning those things. Man I had some crazy dreams. Enjoy the rest of pregnancy and all the other things you are about to learn.

Suzanne said...

Ha ha, I totally felt exactly the same way. I am glad to know that I made it into one of your dreams! I miss you, k! Hang in there with the pregnancy craziness and keep on keeping me updated. I love it. LOVE YOU!

Darren and Traci said...

haha these things made me laugh since they're all so lame yet the fun things we get to put up with.

Hopefully your nausea/sickness lets up soon. I never had it with my others but this time around it didn't go away until after 21 weeks! ugg so much for the flippin 12-14 weeks everyone kept telling me.

Isn't it crazy that we go through this over and over again? Makes you wonder why people don't just stop after 1 baby huh haha