Sunday, March 13, 2011

Seattle here we come!

We are SO SO SO EXCITED! So sad, but so very happy. Bobby got offered a job (kind of out of the blue) working at Microsoft in Redmond Washington. We've known for a while that we could possibly see ourselves up there... but I sure wasn't planning on moving any time soon. We go to Seattle at least once a month. Bobbys entire family lives up there, and we have a load of great great friends up there. It's so similar to Portland (I'm a little biased however... of course I think Portland is better), and has a lot to offer our little family. I think this will be a really great growing experience for Bobby and I, and I am SO SO SO SO SO excited to be in our own little place again (we've been living in the same house as not only my parents but my sister and brother). Let's just say... there's a reason why most couples have their own place. They need their space! We are not sure as to WHERE exactly we are going to live.. we are are currently looking in the Kirkland area. Redmond is pretty expensive so I think we'll be going a little North.

2 hardest things for me to leave are... 1. My mom. Of course, I'm over 4 months pregnant and so therefore I'm a bit emotional and the idea of leaving her while I'm pregnant is a little sad. But she promises she'll be there the second I go into labor and help me out for a couple weeks once the baby comes, so that makes me feel better. And 2.. Leaving my hair business! I worked so hard for a career that I love, and I have such AMAZING clients who I love dearly, and leaving all of that behind has been a tough decision for me. At first I didn't want to leave, and got really emotional about it. Then.. I had to look at all the reasons for me not wanting to leave.. and really they were selfish reasons. And guess what? I really can't be selfish anymore. I have a family and a baby to think about. This oppertunity at Microsoft is HUGE for Bobbys career and we would be crazy to not take it. One of the BIG BIG BIG upsides to this move is that I will get to stay home at least for a while once the baby comes. In Portland I was going to have to work till my due date and only take a month off and leave my baby to work full time. Even though I LOVE what I do.. and it's honestly a little hard for me to see it at THIS EXACT MOMENT... I hear it's not going to be so easy to leave that baby that fast.

So with all that said.. Bobby is leaving in 2 weeks (right after we have our big ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby), to go live with his Dad while I stay behind and finish out seeing my clients through the end of May. It's going to be hard to be apart.... kinda like the old days.. that long drive EVERY weekend back and forth. But I felt strongly about staying and seeing all my clients off and getting them set with a different stylist if that's what they wanted. I'm sure there's women that have experienced the same thing as me... and I know many that haven't. Even though I've only wanted to be a mom for years, I am also very attached to a business I started from the ground. But I'm looking forward to having the summer of NOT BEING ON MY FEET 24/7, and getting ready for this little nugget! It'll be nice to not have to stress about getting right back to work, and luckily we have a great great great support team in Seattle.

We are going to miss our family and friends here in Portland, but I have promised my mom MANY times that we will be back regularly. I'm excited for this new adventure, and the next stage in our lives.

On to pregnancy. I am 17 weeks, and feeling pretty good! Minus the headaches. I've had headaches just about every day since my second trimester started. :/ Again, that's okay, I really can't complain. I wasn't really showing about a week ago.. and I swear over night it was like "oh HEY there you are". And it wasn't really hidden anymore. It's crazy how fast these little ones grow, and all the changes that come in just weeks. I'm still sleeping lots, and am experiencing some AWESOME back and feet pain at the end of each work day. I've decided it's time to stop wearing the crappy cute flats, and I need to get good shoes. NEED. It's got to happen. So tomorrow I am off to TRY and find some cute looking comfy shoes. I swear it's so hard to do.

I love being pregnant and I am so very thankful for this oppertunity to be a mother and feel very very blessed. 2 more weeks and we find out if it's BLUE OR PINK! :)


17 weeks pregnant

4 comments:

Christy Wheeler said...

It will be SO wonderful for you to be able to stay home with your baby. I remember before I had Benton thinking that I would work again (only 4-6 hours a week) 2 months after I had him and that it would be totally fine. Then I had him, not so much. If it is something that you have to do then you have to do it but believe me you will be so grateful that you won't have to work right away!

And I really hope that you come back to Portland for a shower!

Suzanne said...

K, you are absolutely stunning!!! ohhhhh! :) Congrats on the move. Change is sometimes refreshing, hopefully you will be so happy in Washington. As for finding out pink or blue I am DYING to know!!! I guess pink. I just see you with a little girl! Either way you will be fantastic. Love you SOOO much and good luck with moving!!! XO

Suzanne said...

A little girl with your curls. :)!

morganators said...

SO excited for you! Congratulations. Those things are always so hard and always so good. Good for Bobby for being good at what he does to provide for you and your family, what a blessing that is. I will miss you and your skills terribly, but I am so happy to see you make this great change in your life!