Wednesday, February 16, 2011

PREGNANT!



Definitely the best Christmas gift Bobby or I have ever received. The day after Christmas we found out this little treasure was going to be changing our lives for the better. It was kind of a surprise... but anyone that knows me, knows I have been baby crazed for almost 2 years now. So you can imagine my excitement. :) Bobby and I had had a feeling that I was pregnant... but I didn't want the disappointment by a negative test result.. so I decided to wait it out a bit. I was 6 1/2 weeks pregnant when we found out. We were in Seattle celebrating Christmas with Bobbys family.. and of COURSE my mother in law (love you Nancy) was all over me about whether or not she was getting a grandbaby for Christmas. I said "well it's possible". So that lead to a billion more questions, which then ended up driving me to taking a pregnancy test. I snuck into the bathroom and once that test showed positive I started shaking and crying immediately. I was so frazzled and happy, I went out to Bobby and he saw the test and the news was OUT! Kind of an intense moment to share with so many other people.. but it was good because my mother in law handed me the phone and I called my mom (hence the picture of me on the phone). I have never been so happy in my life. For so long I had it in my head that something like this could just very well not be in my cards, so for it to come so suprising like that, I was filled with pure joy. I drove the whole way home from seattle with a smile on my face, nothing capable of bringing me down.

We were able to keep the news SOMEWHAT on the low down for the first 12 weeks... slowly spilling the beans. It was very hard to keep it from clients.. while I'm standing there trying to weave someones hair, keep a conversation without throwing up on them. Ya.. no bueno. The worst case of morning sickness was over New Years when we went to Leavenworth, WA (5 hours away) with my family. I was pretty much sick with Nauscea and the flu the entire time... OH yeah, and in 6 degree weather. AWESOME. Still I didn't care and hugged that toilet, thinking "it's ok, this is for you baby".

First Trimester I had the all the typical symptoms. B6 vitamin calmed down the nauscea, only throwing up every once in a while. All I craved for a while was salty and spicy. Fries, fries, fries. It's really all I thought about at times. SO disturbing. I didn't get the exhaustion till about 9 weeks in. However, I have consitantly been sleeping 10-12 hours every night for I don't know how long. So that definitely helps.

We got to see the baby at 11 weeks (I am now 13 weeks and 3 days), and that baby was kickin and movin their arms all around! There is nothing like hearing that little heartbeat. Such an amazing miracle.Bobby and I cannot wait for this baby to come. I'm ready for a full on belly, and can't wait to find out the sex (March 28th!!!), and feel the first kick. I thank God every day for giving me this oppertunity to be a mother. Give me a boy, give me a girl, I don't care! We are just so excited to start our family.


1 MONTH PREGNANT


2 MONTHS PREGNANT


3 MONTHS PREGNANT

6 comments:

Amberly said...

Congratulations! So exciting to be expecting your first one! I hope everything goes well and you feel better through the next two trimesters!

Matt and Suzanne said...

oh k. I get so teary reading this. I am beyond happy for you guys! Being a mom is the greatest blessing. My fav part about what you said was the part where you said...it's ok this is for you...keep that attitude and you'll be amazing. I love you so much!

Lizzy said...

love!!! i'm so excited for you! makes me want another!

Deets Family said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting!! You will be a good little mommy. You are a cute little prego, I wish I could go back to the first I was pregnant and have the little belly for so long. You will LOVE IT!!!

CarlaH said...

Soooooooo stinkin' excited!!!! Love the pictures honey! You will be a great little mommy!

Mike and Kimmy said...

I am so, so happy for you!!! I love that you were hugging the toilet and being grateful. That was sooooooo NOT me! I was cursin' that dang toilet bowl! ;) They are so worth it though! Can't wait to find out what you are having.