Monday, January 12, 2009

Birthday Time!

January is one of my FAVORITE months... because I was it has my birthday in it! My birthday was on January 10th and I had such a good time. The day before I met up with a bunch of friends at Old Chicago and just had a nice dinner. I don't get to see everyone all together that often anymore so it was really fun having everyone there. The only thing that wasn't fun was the fact that I've been sick since Wednesday. I believe it is Laryngitis.. and it blows! Saturday my voice was almost completely gone. So on Friday when I was at Old Chicago trying to talk above loud noises it really didn't help my situation. I don't like losing my voice. I've never lost it until now... and I've heard that there are lots of people that have "always wanted to lose their voice".. well if you're one of those-- Don't! It sucks. Big time. But the good thing is, the rest of me felt great. It was pretty much just my voice. Which you might consider that to be worse considering what I do... It's kind of important to be able to talk to your clients when you're a hairdresser. Oh well. I got through it.

Here are some pictures from my friend birthday get together.
My friend Lauren got me this hat... it was a little ridiculous--but I was a good sport.
The night of my birthday my WONDERFUL boyfriend took me to The Melting Pot for the first time. I've ALWAYS wanted to go but it's a little spendy for just a random night out. We were there for 2 hours and it was so much fun. I highly recommend going if you haven't gone. It's quite the experience.
Here's a few more pictures from that fun night.
SOOOO good. strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, cheesecake, rice crispy treats, brownies... mmmmmm

1 comment:

Crystal Noel Perry said...

I love reading your blog. Keep it coming. :) It's fun to hear your thoughts. Those are cute pics from the Melting Pot by the way.